Patients seeking treatment at Advanced Physical Medicine of Yorkville usually have a bunch of questions about why their shoulder hurts. A top shoulder pain FAQ is, "Can chiropractic care relieve the pain in my shoulder?" The answer is, YES. There are also other questions that patients ask our Yorkville chiropractors Dr. Berkey and Dr. Minardi. Below are answers to the top 4.
Q. What Types of Shoulder Conditions Can a Chiropractor Treat?
A. The shoulder is a large joint made up of the upper arm bone, collarbone, and shoulder blades on the left and ride side of the body. The joint is held together by the rotator cuffs, muscles, tendons, and ligaments, and facilitates a wide range of motion. Various shoulder conditions can cause pain, including these common problems patients seek chiropractic relief for:
- Strains & Sprains: From suddenly twisting or overstretching the muscles, tendons, and ligaments
- Dislocated Shoulder: The upper arm bone pops out of its socket as a result of a fall, auto accident, or direct blow to the joint.
- Rotator Cuff Injury: Strains or tears in the shoulder muscles or tendons
- Shoulder Bursae: Inflammation of the tiny fluid-filled sacs that allow the gliding motion of the shoulder
- Frozen Shoulder: Pain, inflammation, and stiffness of the connective tissue surrounding the shoulder joint
- Tendinitis: From overuse or repetitive motion and overhead work. Swimmers, baseball players, and tennis players have a greater risk of tendinitis.
Q. What are the Common Signs Something is Wrong with My Shoulder?
A. A dull or sharp pain, stiffness, swelling, and decreased range of motion are surefire signs of trouble. Some patients are unable to perform simple tasks such as combing their hair, buttoning their shirt, or reaching overhead. Numbness, tingling, or weakness may occur if the pain is linked to a pinched nerve in the neck.
Q. Why Isn't My Doctor-Prescribed Treatment Working?
A. Ice pack treatment, heat therapy, and pain medication may work for mild strains, sprains, and swelling. Problems such as shoulder dislocation, rotator cuff injury, bursitis, and tendinitis are effectively treated with chiropractic care.
Q. How Does a Yorkville Chiropractor Treat Shoulder Pain?
A. Treatment at Advanced Physical Medicine of Yorkville will depend on the underlying cause of the pain. We provide sports injury treatment, car accident treatment, chiropractic adjustments, massage therapy, physical therapy, and rehabilitation. Adjustment is performed to realign the shoulder joints and bones and reduce pain, swelling, inflammation, and stiffness. The other therapies work in synergy with adjustments to maximize healing and increase joint mobility.
Schedule a Consultation With Our Chiropractor in Yorkville
Our shoulder pain treatments are designed to restore shoulder functions, so you can get back to your daily activities without the "ouch." All techniques and therapies used are medication-free and provide long-lasting results. Call 630-553-2111 to schedule an appointment at our Yorkville, IL clinic.