Scoliosis Back Pain Treatment from Our Chiropractors in Yorkville, IL
As a child, you likely underwent a scoliosis check to ensure your spine was not out of alignment. At Advanced Physical Medicine of Yorkville, IL, we know many people suffer from back pain. Our chiropractors could alleviate this if they had only undergone scoliosis treatment. Fortunately, we can help you find relief from Scoliosis and the pain it causes.
What Is Scoliosis?
Scoliosis is a medical condition in which your spine is curved from side to side. While the curve is usually mild, it can be severe enough to cause pain and difficulty moving. Scoliosis can occur at any age, but is most common in girls aged 10 to 15.
Scoliosis can occur for various reasons, including:
- Family history
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Congenital disabilities
What Are the Symptoms of Scoliosis?
Most people with scoliosis don't experience any symptoms. For those who do, the most common symptom is back pain. Other symptoms can include:
- A visible curve in the spine
- Uneven shoulders or hips
- Clothes that don't fit right
- Difficulty breathing
- Back pain
Most cases of scoliosis are found during a routine physical exam. However, our chiropractors can also help diagnose you and may ask to see your back. They may also order X-rays to confirm the diagnosis.
How Is Scoliosis Treated?
Mild scoliosis usually doesn't require treatment. However, if you're suffering from debilitating back pain, our chiropractors may recommend a course of treatment. Treatment options for scoliosis include:
- Chiropractic Adjustments: Adjustments help align the spine, which is beneficial for scoliosis and can also help relieve back pain.
- Exercise: Exercise can improve your posture and strengthen the muscles around your spine, reducing the appearance of curves.
- Bracing: In some cases, our chiropractors may recommend wearing a brace to prevent the curve from getting worse.
- Lifestyle Changes: In addition to exercise and chiropractic care, our chiropractors may also recommend lifestyle changes, such as improving your posture and reducing the appearance of curves.
Get Help for Scoliosis at Advanced Physical Medicine of Yorkville
Contact Advanced Physical Medicine of Yorkville, IL, if you suspect you may have scoliosis or suffer back pain. We can help you find relief from scoliosis to enjoy an improved quality of life. Call us today at (630) 239-7284 to schedule an appointment.