Car Accident Injury Treatment in Yorkville
Car accidents can lead to devastating conditions that cause chronic, debilitating pain. Knowing what to do when you're in a car accident can help you get the treatment and the relief that you need to get your life back on track. For proper care in Yorkville, you need to find a car accident injury chiropractor with experience to help you treat your auto accident injuries.
Car Accident Injuries Can Cause Musculoskeletal Conditions
When car accidents happen, the people involved are often jerked around inside the car with shocking force. This can lead to a variety of musculoskeletal conditions such as sprains, torn tendons, nerve irritation, spinal misalignment and above all, a condition known as whiplash.
Whiplash is sometimes called neck strain or neck sprain. It's a type of injury to the neck that occurs when the body is thrown forward and then jerked backward unexpectedly, like what occurs to occupants of a car that's struck from the rear. Whiplash can take time to present symptoms, which means that some people suffer from whiplash without even connecting their injury to the car accident. Here are some of the symptoms of whiplash:
- Limited Range of Motion
- Stiff Neck
- Pain or Tenderness
- Lower Back Pain
Our Yorkville Chiropractor Can Help With Various Techniques
Dr. Berkey of Advanced Physical Medicine of Yorkville is proud to have participated in post-graduate training with Dr. Croft, a well-respected member of the chiropractic community and a recognized specialist in auto-accident injury research. Dr. Berkey now specializes in treatment for victims of car accidents for residents of Yorkville and the surrounding areas.
Dr. Berkey offers the following methods of treatment for victims of accidents:
- Spinal adjustments. Spinal adjustments heal patients by correcting misalignment of the spinal column and reducing pressure on the spinal cord. This can relieve pain and increase range of motion for the patient.
- Therapeutic massage. Therapeutic massage increases blood flow to injured areas and relaxes the muscles, which helps speeds recovery and also helps patients to feel refreshed after treatments.
- Physical therapy. Physical therapy goes hand in hand with spinal adjustments. This kind of care can help patients restore normal movement to injured muscles and joints.
- Spinal decompression. Spinal decompression uses negative pressure to help return a bulging or herniated disc back to its original position.
- Corrective exercises. Patients are taught to do corrective exercises that can strengthen weakened and injured muscles.
These methods of treatment focus on relieving pain by healing the injured areas of the body rather than masking pain with medicines. Many of the people who seek chiropractic solutions to their injuries do so because chiropractic care is non-invasive but still effective. For more information about how a car accident injury chiropractor can help you recover from your auto accident, make an appointment today at Advanced Physical Medicine of Yorkville or call us at 630-553-2111 and start heading down the road to wellness.