Millions of Americans suffer from joint pain, whether it is caused by arthritis, an injury, or another condition. While there are many treatments available, many people prefer alternative therapies like chiropractic care for pain relief and pain management. Chiropractic care focuses on the relationship between your body's structure (primarily the spine) and function (as coordinated by your nervous system), and how that relationship affects your overall health. At Advanced Physical Medicine of Yorkville, we provide chiropractic care for joint pain treatment. Our chiropractors will determine the cause of your joint pain and recommend an effective treatment plan.
What Causes Joint Pain?
- Sports Injuries: Staying active is an important part of healthy living. However, sports injuries that involve your joints, muscles, or bones are common in contact sports like football, basketball, or soccer.
- Personal Injuries: Joint pain can also be caused by an injury sustained at work or during various activities in your everyday life. For instance, slips and falls are common personal injuries that can cause pain in the joints.
- Arthritis: Arthritis occurs when the protective lining that surrounds your joints wears down over time, causing pain and swelling.
- Gout: Gout is a type of arthritis caused by excess uric acid in the body. Gout causes sudden, severe attacks of pain and redness around the joints.
- Bursitis: Bursitis is an inflammation of the fluid-filled sacs called bursae near your joints. This can cause severe pain and discomfort in and around your joints.
- Tendinitis: Tendinitis is an inflammation of the tendons, which are the bands of tissue that attach muscles to your bones. Tendinitis causes pain in the affected tendon as well as in the muscle it attaches to.
- Joint infection: Joint infections are usually caused by certain types of bacteria entering the blood and infecting the joint. Having an infection in a joint can be extremely painful and lead to permanent health problems if it is not treated.
- Overuse injury: Overuse injuries are any injuries caused by excessive use of a joint or an area in the body. These injuries often occur when you engage in the same activity day after day without giving your joints a chance to rest and repair themselves.
Chiropractic Care for Joint Pain
A qualified chiropractor can work with you to determine the cause of your knee pain or joint pain and develop a treatment plan. Your treatment options may include:
- Joint mobilization to improve mobility
- Adjustments to realign the spine and joints to their proper positions
- Massage therapy to relieve joint pain, stiffness, and tension
- Physical therapy to strengthen the muscles around your joints
- Relaxation exercises to keep your muscles healthy and flexible
- Nutritional counseling
Visit Advanced Physical Medicine of Yorkville
If you are suffering from knee pain or joint pain and would like to learn more about how our chiropractic care can help, contact our Yorkville office to speak with one of our chiropractors. We will provide you with pain management solutions to improve your quality of life. Call our team today at (630) 239-7284 or reach us through our website by using our online contact form.